Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Summer's end

The fall equinox has occurred and the days are slowly getting shorter. The seasonal change to fall in the South is slow and relaxed. This is my favorite time of the year. Late summer rains brought by tropical systems have encouraged fall flowers and a new green growth. I like the colors of fall. Even with everything still green the traditional colors show themselves.


The pond on the mountain property has a bit of water and a few frogs are about. The rain there has brought out fall flowers in abundance. Here are two of the tiny ones I found.

The nights are getting cool while the days are still warm. It is a good time of year to be outside.

1 comment:

Gypsy said...

I'm jealous- you got rain AND flowers- we are still gasping on this side of the mountains. so much for being a temperate rainforest area. I do so like both bracelets and the earrings, and think your sister will be delighted!
Aryd'ell