Saturday, August 02, 2008

Elegant Expression

The necklace above is called Elegant Expression. It was designed by Noriko Romanko published in the October, 2006 issue of Bead and Button. The pattern used two needles. Usually two needles are not a problem, but that technique did not work for me with this pattern. Her pattern had wonderful diagrams, so it was easier to switch to one needle. The thread path was changed a bit. I did use 8 pound Fireline because of the crystals and to give the piece more shape. I really like the way it turned out.

Happy Mother's day to a young mother of an 18 month old. The center is a Swarovski crystal in some shade of Topaz which is the birthstone of the baby. The mother's birthstone is pearls. The pearls used were a freshwater pearl that had a faint mauve cast to them. They were drilled at a funny angle that worked perfect for what i wanted. The necklace is a twisted, tubular herringbone weave. I'm still not certain that I managed to combine the pearls and topaz in a pleasing manner. It's hard to tell from the photo.

1 comment:

Gypsy said...

Whatever could you mean!!! that is a most lovely piece, and I wouldn't change a thing! Lucky woman, to have gotten this from you. I have so enjoyed your blog!
Aryd'ell