Sunday, June 17, 2007

From my garden

I love flowers and try to grow them every summer. Over the years I have found the ones I am most successful growing. Below are a few of the ones blooming right now.

I have a huge, old rosemary bush. These are their very small blooms. I love to brush against the rosemary as I walk by to release the wonderful aroma.


These day lilies have been around forever. It is not unusual to see them blooming along the sides of roads.


A beautiful deep lemon color, the petals gentle curve downwards.


The Stokes Aster is another flower that is easy for me to grow. It provided a huge showing of blooms in June. If I am diligent about dead-heading the old blooms I get a few more in July.


Last one for today. This is a gladiolus. I remember them from my father's garden.

1 comment:

Snowrose said...

Hi there...

Would you *please* privately email me....
I have no clue how to privately give you my email address. If I post it here, it's going to go public.
There's much I want to discuss.... We both have so many unbelievable similarities. However... you know where I'm at and I have to approve of a comment before it's posted... so I will not approve of it this way it's private. I would like to keep in touch via email. TTYRS!!!